Sunday, May 2, 2010

What I Wore Weekends

It's been a busy weekend but I think its safe to say wedding season has begun! We have two (count it), two bridal showers this weekend - one on Long Island and on in NYC.

I dont usually like to do posts featuring moi, but my weekend escapades inspired me to start a new series on the blog called "What I Wore Weekends" where I break down my fav. looks from my weekend, how I wore them, accessorized them and where I went with them.

Its a challenge to have two bridal showers in a row, as I had to plan two cute (similar) looks to wear back to back. My challenges? Unusually warm weather in the New York area and skin thats peeling like woah after my sunburn from St. Lucia. I solved both by wearing cap sleeve sundresses and purchasing an Ann Taylor cardigan with elbow length sleeves (although it was too hot to wear today!)

Shower 1 was a beautiful Long Island shower at an adorable eatery out east. The shower was for a very good friend of mine from high school and I wanted to look put together yet still casual and country-ish. I opted for a Marc by Marc Jacobs cotton sundress in liliac from last season and accessorized it with the thin cardigan from Ann Taylor with crystal buttons, long layers of pearls and silver chains and blush colored ribbons, my bone "bow" sling back nude pumps and blush Marc Jacobs bag. I dont have a great picture yet but here is a snippet of the look below. I'm calling this look "vintage chic."
I'm on the right in both pics with my friend from HS, Lindsey...

For bridal shower #2, my college friend, Lindsay's, at the swanky Gramercy Park Hotel in NYC I opted for a bolder, more dressed up look. I paired my silk chiffon tiered Ombre Madison Marcus dress I got at Intermix two years ago and am still L-O-V-I-N-G with black CL pumps, my black Chanel quilted bag, and layers of gold and crystal J. Crew long necklaces and Michael Kors gold watch. I'm calling this one "city sophisticate."
On the Left in the first image and center in the second with friends Molly and Amber

All in all, I think both looks were appropriate and fun and very me! And now off to the bachelorette parties!


2 comments:

  1. Holly, I wanna see a pic of the bone sling backs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll need to snap a pic! i didnt take many photos at the shower and i'm waiting for my friend to upload a few on Facebook. Coming soon I promise!

    ReplyDelete